Forums

Login Required

Please login to participate in the forums.
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11/30/2014 12:05 PM by  Allie Strickler
Beginner question about stamina
 3 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lindalee Tritton

--
08/27/2014 9:47 AM
    Hi... I've taken 5 classes so far. I would really like to work up to coming 4-5 days a week, but right now I am just soooo tired. I don't seem to have the physical stamina to come more than 2-3 times a week. Is that normal? I have done consistent aerobic exercise, but this is my first hot yoga practice ever. (I had a decent yoga practice a few years ago, but that was... a few years ago).

I am trying to honor what my body is ready for, but I am also impatient and frustrated that my body doesn't seem to be able to handle going to too many classes yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

YES I am drinking a TON of water, before and after classes. I just finished Fire class for the first time on Monday. Tuesday I felt fine, except I fell asleep at about 6:45pm (missing the 8pm class I wanted to attend). *sigh*
    Allie Strickler
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08/30/2014 7:23 PM
    Hi Lindalee,
    Congratulations on already completing 5 classes, that's fantastic, you are building a new understanding of your body and working your body/mind in new and different ways. Building a solid foundation takes time so please don't stress or get discouraged and try and enjoy the journey... I know that can be annoying to hear but it's really true especially when establishing a body, mind, life practice.

Each person's experience is a little different as ever day life with work, family, etc. commitments effect our energy levels in different ways. It took me a few weeks to adjust to my practice, when I first started, and keeping a journal helped me identify food, sleep, hydration and stress levels so I could connect the dots with the days that I felt awesome and times that I didn't feel all that hot (no pun intended... okay, maybe a little intended) and then I started creating routines around those habits that led me to feeling my best.

Keep up your hydration, eat plenty of juicy fruits/veggies with the warm Texas weather still in full gear and whenever you feel tired try closing your eyes and taking 5-10 slow deep breathes and just focus on how good that makes you feel in the moment.

All your teachers and fellow students are here for you so keep communicating and enjoying the ride!
    Peace,
    Allie

Lindalee Tritton

--
    09/11/2014 9:51 AM
    Thank you Allie!

I've completed 14 classes now, and there are some days where it's still harder than others. But... I am LOVING the Fire class. I love it the most so far, out of the classes I've tried. That seems so hard to believe, considering that I was originally afraid I wouldn't be able to get through it.

Thank you for the journal recommendation. I hadn't thought of doing that from a more holistic standpoint, as far as how much (and what quality) sleep I got, how much water, in addition to the food I eat, etc.

I'm amazed at how quickly I've been able to take 4 to 5 classes a week. I'm excited, even if some days class is really hard to get through.

Thanks for the encouragement! I've found all of the teachers to be really upbeat and genuinely kind and helpful, too!
    Allie Strickler
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/30/2014 12:05 PM
    Hi Lindalee, Just wanted to check-in and see how your practice is going now? Peace, Allie
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

About Sunstone

• Our Purpose To provide an environment where people can connect with and cultivate their very best self.
    • Our Vision To become one of the world's most influential fitness associations who transforms the very idea of fitness from isolated physical activity into an integrated body, mind and life practice.

Get in touch

(214) 764-2119