Forums

Login Required

Please login to participate in the forums.
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 07/17/2015 10:54 AM by  Virginia Beam
Back pain?
 3 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Maddie_mcbride

--
07/16/2015 10:32 PM
    I am a new member. I think today was my ninth class or around there but it was my fifth day in a row to go to fire. I noticed last night my back was sore (mid/lower) and i thought i was just sore so i went to the fire class again this morning. Today it has bothered me more like i need to sit up straighter during the day but laying in bed its pretty sore. Is going to yoga everyday overkill as a new member?
    Virginia Beam
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07/17/2015 9:19 AM
    Hi Maddie! Is it muscle soreness, or sharp pain? If you're new to yoga and specifically to backbends, you might be dropping into your lower back instead of lifting up and out of it, which can definitely hurt.
    Maddie_mcbride

--
    07/17/2015 9:33 AM
    It was deffinitly soreness, I woke up this morning and was fine. I've just always been an athlete but I don't think ever sore in my back. And no I never had sharp pain. Thank you for responding!
    Virginia Beam
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07/17/2015 10:54 AM

Posted By Maddie_mcbride on 07/17/2015 9:33 AM
    It was deffinitly soreness, I woke up this morning and was fine. I've just always been an athlete but I don't think ever sore in my back. And no I never had sharp pain. Thank you for responding!

Glad to hear it! And that's not surprising--a lot of sports tend to work the same muscles a lot (like running and hip flexors), so you can be in great shape but still have muscles that you hardly ever use. Fire does a LOT of back strengthening.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

About Sunstone

• Our Purpose To provide an environment where people can connect with and cultivate their very best self.
    • Our Vision To become one of the world's most influential fitness associations who transforms the very idea of fitness from isolated physical activity into an integrated body, mind and life practice.

Get in touch

(214) 764-2119