Help us make the world a more fit, healthy, and positive place, one person at a time.
Sunstone offers a purpose-driven and values-based environment, lots of enriching training, consistent opportunity and schedules, plenty of opportunity for advancement, free studio membership and a casual dress code.
Sunstone is looking to hire an individual who has the talent, attitude, and behaviors to be a professional in the fitness industry. You must be a self-motivated, team-oriented, results-driven, and have a long-term perspective toward success. You will need a willingness to lean into challenges, improve existing talents, and learn new skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities (what to expect but not limited too)
- Have high-quality professional conversations with potential clients.
- Work one-on-one with member clients.
- Lead dynamic and engaging group classes - Yoga, Pilates, Barre, and Fitness.
- Be disciplined in your Professional Development and Client Management.
- Be a team player loyal and dedicated to the success of your work environment.
- Believe strongly in our core values: Be consistent, be observant, be kind & grateful, be engaged.
- Good communication skills with a passion for improving those skills.
- Healthy self-esteem with the ability to consistently bring your A game.
- Fit with a lifelong approach to fitness.
- Can handle both “success” and “failure” constructively.
- Sense of humor
- Loyal and honest
- Social Media savvy
If you have the talent to develop good technical skills and the right attitude we are passionate about training and coaching you to success. Existing experience is appreciated, helpful and does not go unnoticed.
Why this Job?
Our purpose has always been about helping our members be their very best self. We realize now after 16 years that we haven't been able to achieve that with the group classes-only model. This model cannot address an individual's specific and ever-changing needs. Eventually their progress stalls, their goals are not reached, and the member leaves.
The success of our members is what makes Sunstone feel good. Member success fuels our desire and ambition to move forward and improve our service.
The important change we have made is we look to pair our members with a dedicated coach (like you) with whom they can establish a professional relationship to address their ongoing physical and emotional needs as they participate in Sunstone programs.
We have found this transforms their fitness experience into an integrated body, mind and life practice because you as a coach can:
- build tailored strategies for them,
- create a deeper sense of connectedness and identity within the Sunstone community,
- help keep them in a regular fitness practice for life, and
- help them have an individualized approach to each class that maximizes the group class impact and experience.